First Part of My Junkin Week End.



Good Sunday to Everyone.

I have the first part of my week end away trip done and we are on our way to my favorite flea market in Elkorn Wisconsin.

We spent Friday and Saturday down in Tipton Indiana.  Such a sweet little old fashion town.  It is like Mayberry.  This is where the Vintage Market was out side of Horton's Hardware Store in Tipton.  Girls this is the best Hardware store ever!!!!! It has a "man" side with tools, paint, nails and the other side,  Oh My,  it is partioned off with old vintage doors and windows made into small rooms where vendors sell their chippy, shabby wonderful treasures.  This is the best hardware store I have ever been in!!!!!

Here are some pictures of the first half of my week end away.

Here is the front of Horton's Hardware store.  I love her saying Things to feather your Nest!!!!  See through the window those old doors to make up each room.  This hardware store had something for the hubby and something for me!!!!  Well actually several things for me!!

The pictures are not the greatest the sun was just coming up on the windows of the hardware store.  See that cute drop leaf table.  It was too cute and it not only has the drop leaf's it extends out too.  That little treasure came home with us.  I will show you her in the end.



One of the booth's inside the hardware store.  Look at those fabulous pumpkins.  Too many fun Halloween things.

Look at this fun table and umbrella.  This was the sign up table for a demonstration they were having later in the day.  Ohhhh I forgot to mention this hardware store sells the best homemade fudge.  Yep my kind of hardware store!
Sorry I forgot to take a picture of the old fashion candy counter and fudge shop.

One of the rooms in the hardware store.  The wall was the exposed brick.  So many sweet treasures inside this room.

Look at the cute slipcovered sofa and all the fun pillows.  This chest was old and beautiful for the coffee table.  See how they used old windows and doors to partition off the rooms.  So many great salvage pieces in one place.

There she is sitting in my dining room right now.  Not sure she will stay there but for now she is parked there. I may put her in my office and then use her when I have the holidays for an extra table.   We made a quick pit stop home to drop off the load of treasures from Indiana and now it is on to Wisconsin for the Flea Market tomorrow.  





I snatched up a couple more of these fabric pumpkins.  These are actually from Nicki at Vintage Farmhouse.  I will show you her booth on this post too.  She was outside. If you do not know Nicki or her blog you must take a run over to check it out.  I am excited for her that she is opening her own shop in her garage at home.  She converted it to a shop.  This girls is so talented.


Got a cute witches hat for my scale in the kitchen.  I do not do a lot of Halloween decor but you have to have a few cute things right?!
Start of the outside booths and vendors.  Lots of vintage crates.

All the booths and vendors were so wonderful.  It is a small amount of vendors I think only 20 but they all had great treasures.

This was Nicki's booth from the Vintage Farmhouse.   She had so many cute things I was on over load.


Just too many cute things in everyone's booths.  Lot's of fabric pumpkins.  One just cutier than the next.

These girls had some great buckets and cute signs and some sweet ticking pillows.

Hope you are having a great week end.  I am loving mine so far. We have been through Illinois (home) to Indiana then back through Illinois with a pit stop home and now  we are on our way to Wisconsin and I will share more in the next post.
Wooooo Hooooo love these junkin week ends.
Kris
:)

32 comments

  1. I can feel the energy in your tone of this post, Kris! Junk on! Love those ticking pillows. The hardware store reminds me on one in Amish country in OH, much like the set up in the one you were in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is my kind of shopping, Kris! I think I would have come home with way too much stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris- What great pictures. Love everything and can't wait to hear more- I have never been to Hortons but visit it often thruough Susie @ She Junks! She was at Horton's yesterday, too- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to comment on the fabulous barn door over the table when I realized it was in your house. Ha! It looks like you are having a great time. I love the table and can't wait to see your next batch of photos. That's my kind of weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kris, fun, Fun, FUN!!! I am drooling over all the fantastic eye candy! The drop leaf table looks amazing in your decor...can't wait to see more! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your new table. I have one similar that is on my front porch. We are story here this weekend. with high winds and rain. My porch was drenched. Normally under the porch things stay dry but not this weekend. I hope it drys out okay.. Love the witches hat too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I go to heaven, and I hope I do, I so hope the streets are lined with booths like these! Drooling over these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word, this is all amazing. So much to see and such fun stuff. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun!!! Yes Nicki is extremely talented....love her blog....love her style! Can't wait to see what other treasures you find.....you go girl....have fun :-)
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad that your having a great time junking and that your hubby likes it also. That hardware store is the best! Wish we had one here, but maybe it's good that we don't because I would be broke all the time. Love the table and it looks so good where you have it.
    Enjoy your trip and have tons of fun.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sigh... what adorable displays in the hardware store. The booths were so full of pretties! Enjoy!!!
    Hugs, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tipton, IN sounds like something we might enjoy exploring too! Love the dropleaf table. You must have a truck to haul home all the great treasures that you find! Have more fun!! Thanks for sharing with us who are sitting home! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tipton, IN sounds like something we might enjoy exploring too! Love the dropleaf table. You must have a truck to haul home all the great treasures that you find! Have more fun!! Thanks for sharing with us who are sitting home! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was just doing a post about the market and popped by here to copy your link when I saw this post!! It was great seeing you again!! {Sorry I was half out of it, it has been a long couple of weeks.} Thanks for purchasing my pumpkins, they look like they were made for your house!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVED that Hortons Hardware!!! I'm not that far from Tipton....need to make a trip with hubby! I too, love The Vintage Farmhouse...she is very creative! Those booth set-ups were G*O*R*G*E*O*U*S! Hurry and show us more!! Your dropleaf table looks beautiful....perfect! Blessings~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  16. How many beautiful treasuers! I love your switch hat and the table is just gorgeous
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely table you bought and so many beautiful items to see lucky you -love dee x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh Kris wish we had a Horton's Hardware shop near us...so many pretty things!! Love that beautiful table you bought!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like so much fun! Great table!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your new drop-leaf table...and that witch hat is so cute!! Can't wait to see more from your junking weekend.
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can't believe you husband is on this trip with you. Even if I get Steve to a flea market, he wants to leave right away.

    Love everything you bought and really LOVE that hardware store.

    ReplyDelete
  22. what an awesome way to spend a weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie,
      We had a great little get away. It was fun to go to Indiana and then back to Illinois and then up to Wisconsin. We were three state traveler this week end but it was so much fun. I love all the little towns and mom and pop dinners we found along the way. I love taking trips where we let the road lead us. Found some cute shops and antique malls to visit along the way. Thanks for taking time to come by and leave your sweet comment. Have a great week.
      Kris

      Delete
  23. that hardware store was a little slice of heaven for us junkers! We used to have the best country hardware store out here, where I live. I loved to browse in there but sadly the economy got them and they closed. Now the Tractor Store is my new fave store. Bought a plaid shirt in there just the other day. :) What a fabulous weekend you two are having Kris!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. My heart was a flutter looking at these images Kris - now that's my kind of shopping!!!
    Marie@InteriorFrugalista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie,
      It was so much fun. I found so many great things this junkin week end. I am working on the bigger projects this week and hope to have some posts up soon. I have a lot of painting to do this week.
      Have a great start to the week.
      Kris

      Delete
  25. Oh Kris! What a wonderful junking weekend! That hardware store is so cute and Nicki's booth looks great! Was she there? She's so sweet. I love your table! My mom had the same table in our dining room when I was growing up. I remember the little metal feet on the ends of the legs. Such a great find! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your adventure! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow Kris, this is such a fun post. That hardware store is unreal. Love all the treasures they had, love your treasure you brought home with you. I am not a big Halloween person either but that witches hat is too cute!! Can't wait to see what else you got to bring home with you. So very glad you had a good time!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  27. Dear, sweet Kris. THANK YOU so very much for this fantastic post. I know I will never have the chance to go, so I am very grateful for the photo tour. Love your new table. I am going to save this post and go back to it when I have some more time to sit and enjoy. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.
    *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  28. I saw several items I would have been wanting! Have you ever gone to the worlds longest yard sale which crosses 3 states? You would love it. I saw it on HGTV and it was filled with treasures at fantastic prices!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh, I went there too - and it was so amazing. I'm working on a post about it while on my trip to Florida right now. That table is to die for (it reminds me of the one Jennifer Rizzo has in her kitchen) and I loved the white pumpkins you bought too! I'll have to check out the Wisconsin one for next time. I am going to follow you because you are my kind of gal! Thanks for visiting me!!

    ReplyDelete

sponsor