Junkin Fun Day



Hi Everyone.  I think I have told you that Anne from White Lace Cottage lives not to far from me and we have gotten together on occasion to Junk together.  Anne told me that her friend Janet that has the blog called Lucky Junk and lives near us was having a big sale at her home today.  So she wanted to see if I wanted to tag along.

You did not have to ask me twice.  So off Junkin we went.  Oh My,  Janet and her hubby Bill are the sweetest ever and when we pulled up to her sale they had an old vintage pick up truck in the drive!!! It is in mint condition and I knew this was going to be a great Junkin stop.  Janet had some of the best treasures for sale.


She had some really wonderful things.  I had my eyes on a few pieces but I am just running out of home to put another big piece in my house.  So I tried to stay glued to the smaller treasures.  I saw this box just filled with all these little old clay pots.  Of course I had to get some.  Not sure what I will do with them yet but I knew they were too cute to  pass up.



Aren't they sweet.   I got 25 and the box was still full.  If you are looking for cute little clay pots Janet has them.  They had even smaller ones than these that were adorable.

Then while we were on our way to the sale we saw this garage sale and Anne said do you want to stop and I said yep!!! There was this vintage old chair that was screaming to me.  I got out of the car and while Anne was eyeing up an old beautiful headboard.  I saw the chair.  It had old mauve pink upholstery but the curves to her and the character were fabulous.  She was marked $20 and in mint condition.    I said to Anne ok if the chair is still here on our way back from Janet's sale I will get it.  Well there is a whole story that went into getting this chair but she is mine and I will save the story for when I transform her and do a post.  So stay tuned.


Here she is.  Great bones.  Sturdy and has pretty legs.  The upholstery was in great shape considering the age of the chair.  The color was the only thing dating this old gal.










I took off her seat cushion and I actually kind of like her without the cushion.  Stay tuned to see the transformation of this chair.

It was fun to go with Anne and also meet some new bloggers at the sale.

Have a great week end.  Be sure to tune in tomorrow for Spotlight and learn about another couple of wonderful bloggers on my blog and Susan's blog.
Kris
:)

22 comments

  1. It sounds like you had a fun day with Anne, Kris! Love the pots. I find I look for them, too, when I am at yard sales or estate sales. You can sometimes find some great bargains on them. Nice find on the chair. I had no luck this week with garage sales. I'm hoping next week will be better {and cooler!}.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the chair!! It looks cozy!
    Happy Anniversary! You guys look great!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find - looks pristine! I love it when impulse rules!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a fun day of junkin'! I think that chair would be a great candidate for a chalkpaint upholstery makeover, it has great lines!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you two had way too much fun. Love the pots and the chair is fabulous. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am now really bummed!!! I live near no one in blogland :-/
    Ok... over with. Sounds like you two had some fun! The chair is great. Agreed, great bones, cute legs. And the little pots... how adorable are they?
    Looking forward to seeing what you do to the chair.
    Hugs, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun that you two got to go junkin together! I always pick up pots, especially if they show a bit of age. Those do and I know you will put them to good use. Can't wait to see the chair redo!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great treasures and what a fun day!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely a curl up and read chair! Love those tiny pots. Junkin' with a friend is the best time ever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I miss junking with my old friend. Glad you had a great day. Nice little treasures too. Can't wait to see the chair make over. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the chair! What a treasure.

    Have you considered painting the upholstery, since it is in good shape and clean? Lots of info on painting upholstery. I have yet to try it, but I want to try. You add a medium to the paint, do several layers, sounded time intensive but easy.

    Best wishes on your makeover! Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you had a terrific day. Love the chair and am anxious to see what you do to her. I don't go junking anymore because I am trying to get rid of my treasures - it hard.
    Have a great weekend - hope it's cooler for you - 90 here today ug.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. The chair is a beauty, can't wait to see what you do with her.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun to meet up with bloggy friends Kris and do something junkin together. You should did score. Oh boy the fun I could have with those pots. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so glad you had fun at the sale(s) today, Kris. What a fun way to spend a day. Love the lines of that chair- but ummm...not the color. I can't wait to see if you have fabric and/or paint and/or both for this baby. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great chair...can't wait to see it after you give it your magic touch. Have a great weekend. We are going to a Farmer's Street Market and then go thru some little shops tomorrow...and the weather should be perfect. Heard we are going to have sweatshirt weather this weekend. It really feels like Fall has gotten here.
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can imagine how much fun you and Anne had - 2 of my favorite bloggers out junkin' together.

    I a curious just what you will do with that chair - great lines and size. I have my ideas, but I will keep them to myself and see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How fun! Can't wait to see what you do with the chair.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nothing beats a day of junkin with a blogging buddy. I love your thrifty finds too and look forward to seeing the chair transformation.
    Hugs,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love transforming chairs. Now that I don't have my booth, I have to be careful about what I pick up.... I am running/ all ready ran out of space.

    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  21. What great finds! I' m looking forward to seeing the transformation of the chair
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Kris!
    Sorry for the delay in visiting your blog...but guess what...we have been junkin' too!! We just got back from Round Top, TX...OMG!! Second trip to this show...a bit WOW...y'all!!
    Thanks MUCH for your sweet comments about our Lucky Junk Vintage Yard Sale...it was SOOOO great to meet you! Want to get in on the next girls lunch...and junkin' day!
    LOVE your blog...just read all about your recent Junk Travels...my heart melted. Your chair turned out fabulous!! LOVE that it was from my neighborhood...great find!
    FYI...I've posted several pics from Round Top on https://www.facebook.com/LuckyJunkShop
    Vintage xxoo,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete

sponsor