Saturday Spotlight: Life Behind the Blogger


Susan from Must Love Junk, and myself (Kris) Junk Chic Cottage wanted to do a regular feature on our blogs, something unique that hasn't been done before.   So we came up with an idea to 'spotlight the real life behind the blogger' in a more personal way.
There is so much talent and inspiration in blogland, and we thought it would be fun to bring you a closer look at the person behind the blog.

Every week on Saturday we will spotlight a blogger and have them tell us a little bit about themselves and their blogs.  You will be able to see and read about each of the bloggers on both Susan's and my blog.


Saturday September 28th
Sandy: For the Love of White



Happy Saturday everyone.   I have the great pleasure this week to introduce you to a blogger that shares my love of white in her decor style.  Her name is Sandy and she has the blog For the Love of White.  Sandy's blog was one of the first blogs I started to follow.  I love her talent and her sweet love of life and her family.  It shines through in her blog.    She is creative and inspiring and a big lover of pets.  Her family is beautiful and her furry family is adorable.  So please get your coffee and sit back and be wowed at meeting this beautiful and talented blogger.


First of all, I want to say that I am honored to be asked by Kris to be part of this Saturday Spotlight on a blogger! I think it is such a great idea, and I so enjoy learning more about the personal life of other bloggers.


I am a 49 year old Wife, Mother, and Homemaker. I am a stay at home Mom due to the fact that one of my 4 children is very disabled and he needs constant care. He had a stroke while I was pregnant with him and his identical twin brother. I adore all my children and wouldn't trade being a Mother for anything in the world!


I married my husband 17 years ago. He is 10 years younger than me, which used to seem like a big deal but now I sometimes feel younger than he does. He is a very hard working man and great with being supportive of all my creative endeavors and helping out with the kids
Being creative has always been something that brings me much satisfaction. When Janae (my oldest) was a baby I was really into designing and making mohair teddy bears.
When Jerry and I were first married and only had Janae (born a product of my first marriage) we had so much fun showing cats. Jerry and I are both huge animal lovers.


Cat showing was fun because we traveled a bit, and we did well with our beautiful silver persian kitties. But after the kids started coming along we stopped showing cats because we were so busy with the kids.


As you can see we really had our hands full...literally!

For 20 years I owned a Dairy Queen which was an exhausting 20 years!

Unless you own something like a Dairy Queen it is hard to understand how much work it is. We sold the Dairy Queen in 2007...and though I loved many of my Dairy Queen years, it is the best decision I ever made. I got my life back! I will always be a fan of DQ though :)

When the kids were small I knew I had to get away from them a little bit and so I started scrapbooking.  I went to crops as a way of getting a little time away from the house. Scrapbooking ended up being a big thing for me--I became a contributor to a couple different magazines, I was on design teams, and I taught scrapbooking classes.




I so love all the many scrapbooks I have of the kids now.

As I mentioned before my husband and I are both big animal lovers..and so are our kids.


We have 3 dogs...Daisy, Dafney, and Duke.

Last year we rescued a litter of kittens that lost their Mother at 2 weeks old to a coyote. We kept 2 of the kittens, Phoebe and Fez.




We recently adopted Sophia from the shelter. I couldn't bear for a shaded silver persian to be homeless!


The kids also have a love of hamsters. We love all creatures, great and small.


My best friend is my oldest daughter. How wonderful is that? Her and I enjoy all the same things and I thank God everyday for the relationship I have with her.


At 24 years old she owns her own beautifully decorated home and our family's love of animals has not been wasted on her! She is also the best pet photographer I have ever seen.

 She also has a wonderful blog you can visit here...http://notsoshabby-shabbychic.blogspot.com/

All my kids are growing up on me!

Chantel


Gage


Wyatt

My kids are my greatest creations!

I love my blog..it has been such a great way for me to document my life, share my love for decorating and crafting, and keep in contact with the rest of the world! I hope you will visit me...http://www.loveofwhite.blogspot.com/

My little house brings me much joy.












Thanks for taking the time to read about me!





Thank you so much Sandy for being in the Spotlight this week.  It was so much fun learning about you and your beautiful family.

Now that you have gotten to know Sandy please hop over to Susan's blog and meet her Spotlight Blogger Dawn from Creative Cabin.
Have a great week end
Kris
:)

31 comments

  1. Thanks for spotlighting Sandy this week. Her bloc was one of the first blots that I started following as well. I think you two have a similar style and I love both of your homes! Have a great rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I really agree with this that the Sunday is really an enjoyable day of life and taking a rest in our home is really an awesome time so I also want to buy the new home with the help of the quick house sale company.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is pretty awesome <3 I love the post it's great. So proud to call her my Mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janae,
      I love your mom she is so special. The apple does not fall far from the tree with you my dear. You are just like your mom with your decor style, talent and love of furry kids. I love that about you and your mom. You both inspire me. I was so excited when she said she would share her love of all of you and her life with us. It has been so much fun learning more about the bloggers we love.
      Kris

      Delete
  4. How fun! Sandy has done so much more than I ever have. I'm inspired!

    Sandy, I've read your daughter's blog too. Didn't realize y'all were related.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for doing this post about my wonderful daughter, Sandy. Besides her creative talents, she looks out for us and helps us in many ways, including help with our little pup, Annie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Grandma Carolee,
      I love your daughter and her special love of her family. Not only is she a great big sweetheart full of love she is very talented too. I was so excited when she said she would do our Spotlight. It was so much fun to learn more about how special she is. Thanks for your sweet comment.
      Kris

      Delete
  6. Oh wow Kris,
    I just discovered Sandys place awhile back, and what a story she has, her daughter looks to be following nicely in her mothers foot steps and as for her twins what beautifully rewarding days she must have with her boys and thank God Gage survived his traumatic birth, this woman is super woman and not sure how she finds the time to blog and inspire us while doing so or making it look so effortlessly :)

    Thank you Kris for the spotlight on this inspiring lady, and a blogging friend to many.

    Xx
    Doré

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been following Sandy's blog and her daughters for quite a while and I love every minute of it. Sandy and her family inspires me in so many ways; I don't think I've ever seen a more sweeter and loving family. Being able to interact with Sandy and her family on Facebook and through their blogs has brought me many hours of happiness, joy, inspiration, and contentment. She is truly a blessing to all who know her either personally or like me through her blog and Facebook. Sandy is the kind of person that even though there may be many miles between us and even though we have never met personally she immediately makes you feel a part of her world and it is a beautiful world she lives in. .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose,
      Sandy is one of the most talented and sweetest bloggers I have meet too. I love what a wonderful mom she is to her kids and her furry kids. She is a special lady for sure. I share her love of ruffles, whites and she loves animals and treats them like her kids. I am like that with my dogs and I love that about her. Thank you for leaving her such a sweet comment I know it will warm her heart.
      Kris

      Delete
  8. Thanks Sandy for letting us all in on some of your life history...it was so much fun to read about you! Of course I just adore you! You are one talented lady with beautiful children! And thanks Kris for featuring some wonderful and creative people! This is fun to get to know people this way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Once again, so fun to learn about a fellow blogger. I don't know how she kept a house "white" with 4 young kids. I am headed over to Sandy's blog to leave her a message.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sandy has had such a rich and full life. The relationship she has with her children and husband are a wonderful tribute to her. She has such a sweet heart as well as a lovely home!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sandy,
    I am away on my trip this week end but was so glad to see your Spotlight went up without any issues. Whewwwww! I always worry when I am not at my computer!!!! I loved reading your story and you are one of the most special bloggers I know. I love that you love your family and furry family so much. They are all adorable like you. Thank you thank you thank you for doing the spotlight. This was a nice and sweet feature. I had a little area of some internet service where I am now so I thought I would sneak in a comment. I have have a junkin good time away this week end. Thanks again for doing Spotlight. Loved your story.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sandy is one of my favorite bloggers. She is always encouraging with her comments and very faithful to the blogs that she follows. I love her style and her generous heart. Her love for her family and her pets is so apparent in her blog writings. I feel that my life has been enriched just knowing her.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sandy is such a sweetie-I loved learning more about her!! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so touched by all your sweet comments--thanks so much everybody! The contact I have with all my blogger friends is so enriching to my life!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a great feature! The photos are beautiful and wow, her kids are too! Of course, I'm loving all the dogs too. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful life story about a truly beautiful and creative woman. I have been following Sandy's blog for just a short while and haven't really gotten to know her yet. Your blog gave me the chance, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sandy is one of my favourites and I'm thrilled to see her spotlighted today. Thank you Kris :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love visiting Sandy and her daughter Janae's blogs. They are the sweetest bloggers. this post is a lovely idea,I enjoyed visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG love reading all about Sandy! Her home is beautiful.But most important is that she is a lovely person as well.What a beautiful family and I love that she adores animals as I do.What a HUGE heart she has!
    Thanks for sharing!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  20. sandy, i so admire you, and family's love of animals:) your home and garden are gorgeous, and i esp. love your photography! janae's blog is a beautiful bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful family! Beautiful Life!

    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  22. My love of white drew me to this blog --- I love how the serenity of a white pallet and how it envelops a home - and at this stage in my life (an empty nester, divorced and almost 60) I am welcoming serenity with open arms and heart! Your home is adorable and as I work on my home for me and my lovely yorkiee-poo; I aim to bring that sense of welcome and serenity = emulating your design and adding my own flair; you have encouraged me to move forward. You too, were one of the first blogs I followed (it seems white grabs many of us and whispers to us in all its varied shades). I am trying Annie Sloan cream white. Homes - as is life - is always evolving. Keeping the creative juices flowing. Thank you for sharing the beauty of your home.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That was fun! Sandy is so talented and really sweet. I love the pet photos too, i do not know how her daugher get's all those furry creatures to sit still and pose like she does!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a BEAUTIFUL family! Very precious! Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Kris,
    Thanks for spotlighting Sandy....She is one of the sweetest bloggers I know. You can really capture the love for her family, creating and all those cute little animals through her beautiful blog. It was fun getting to know her a little more through this post.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ❤️Ana

    ReplyDelete

sponsor