Spotlight: Life Behind the Blogger

Kim from Exquisitely Unremarkable





 Saturday Spotlight: Life Behind the Blogger is a feature done each Saturday that introduces you to a blogger you may already know or a new blogger for you to get to know. This feature gives you a peak into the personal life of the blogger.  Getting to know the special person behind the beautiful blog.

There is so much talent and inspiration in blogland so enjoy getting to know these talented bloggers each Saturday.

Happy Easter weekend everyone.  I have a wonderful blogger to introduce you to this week.  It is Kim from Exquisitely Unremarkable.  Kim is a great DIY'er and very crafty.  You can take a look at the cute Easter Banner Kim made here.    Enjoy reading Kim's story and getting to know her.



Hello everyone! I'm Kim and I blog at Exquisitely Unremarkable. I would like to thank you, Kris, for having me here today, I couldn't be more flattered! To be honest, when Kris asked me, I was floored. Me, really? I actually read the email twice. You see, I still consider myself the brand new kid on the block...what could I possibly share? Of course, then it hit me that I'm no newbie at all. I have been blogging for two years. It just doesn't seem possible

I usually hide behind my tulips!
I started my site on a whim. I had never read a blog before in my life and when my nephew told me to start one, I said, "A what?"
Really.
My mom and two siblings were all diagnosed with terrible diseases at once. I have a very close family and, while everyone is doing well now, our lives were mired in doctors, hospitals and treatments for far too long. I needed a positive outlet, so I started writing.
Tulips are my favorite flower!
I chose the name Exquisitely Unremarkable, because I needed to remind myself that there is great beauty and grace in our everyday surroundings, no matter what is going on in our lives. I just needed to look a little bit harder to find something to make me smile.
Clean teen bedrooms, a rarity, make me happy!
It didn't take long for me to find my groove, sharing about my house, a small beach cottage, that we lovingly renovated about a decade ago.




Soon, I was writing about decorating tips, crafty creations and a few silly stories about my life.



I embarrass myself on a pretty regular basis, so why not share? It's always more fun to laugh with friends!
It's been a great escape and I have met some truly amazing and very creative ladies. So I keep writing. I do it around my kids' schedules, carpooling, homework, driver's ed...yikes!  Like I said, it's been two years and I am still having a ball.
It's hard for me to define my style. I just decorate the house with what I like. I guess I have a country/ cottage/ farmhouse flair.



I adore the color red. It is my signature accent and I love reusing and recycling items.



We have lived in the same charming neighborhood for twenty years, first in one small house, then another!

Our home was built in the 1920's and still looks just like this!
When we were looking for our current home, my husband said, "Do not find a house with a new kitchen that you think is ugly and expect me to rip it out."


Thankfully, the kitchen barely functioned so we got to add and build our own, including my pretty hood, that my extremely handy husband built for me!



We met at a roller rink when we were thirteen, became the best of friends, but didn't date until we were in our twenties. We've been together a really long time and he certainly knows the way to my DIY heart!

We built this lamp together!
As for my own talents, well, they're limited! I am not a power tool girl and I can sew, but don't look too close! I enjoy super simple projects and crafts. I like things to look elegant, I just don't want to work too hard or pay too much for them!




I used to teach kindergarten and first grade, so I love to write tutorials too, it fills the teaching void!
Plus it makes my kids, teenage girls, very happy to have me telling someone else what to do!
Well, that's it! That's my Exquisitely Unremarkable story!
Thanks again, Kris, for inviting me to share on your own lovely blog! It was truly my pleasure!


Thank you Kim for sharing yourself with all of us.  I know it is a busy week end with Easter being tomorrow but if you have some time please "hop" over to Kim's blog and see how creative she is.  Happy Easter Everyone.  Enjoy the holiday with family and freinds.
Kris
:)

34 comments

  1. Kim and I follow one another - 2 beach house people - so I loved reading this here.

    I am actually typing with both hands right now - I might be sore tomorrow - but it looks like I can get back to blogging, reading and commenting.

    Hope everything is going well. Once I catch up with everyone, I will go back and look back at what i have missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim seems like a very sweet lady. I will definitely go visit. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris, This feature of Kim was very nice. I enjoyed reading her story and seeing some of her handy work. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kris, thanks so much for the featuring me in the spotlight today, like I said before, it really is a thrill! It's a fun way to kick off the holiday weekend ~ meeting new friends and discovering their blogs, too. It's way better than anything the bunny could put in my basket! Happy Easter and thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, I enjoyed your story and feel quite a connection with your love of red, your skills and choosing to upscale before spending. I'm hopping over to your blog now to see more of what you do!
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to meet Kim and hear a little about her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed learning more about Kim here. I follow her . . . certainly is true,
    we learn something new each day. Today I learned you were a kindergarten/first
    grade teacher. Creative is certainly a "Kim word!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kris,
    Hope you find some time to relax today since I know you will be extremely busy with Easter dinner for your family. Sending bunny kisses and joyful wishes your way. I enjoyed reading about Kim and next week I will at leisure read her blog posts one by one. OK just had a moment of laughter, leisure time yeah sure!!!! But I will find time. Kim is a sweetie and I'm glad you featured her, especially since I wasn't aware of her blog and it looks fun.
    xoxo,
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim, sounds like a great blogger. I will definitely follow her. Great choice Kris.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim is a wonderfully talented writer and blogger who is the sweetest gal in the world. And she's pretty too, isn't she?
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE YOUR HOUSE, KIM! I am so happy to have caught your post in your email, and to visit dear Kris. Here you are! Your cottage is sublime,and that kitchen of yours (my dream to paint mine white!) - I wish you and Kris a very happy and bright Easter. Much love to both! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's nice to get to know Kim better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kris I really enjoyed getting to know about Kim. She has a lovely home. I drop on by her blog. Thanks, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great blogger--love her imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful feature Kris. I just visited Kim and her lovely blog. Thank you for sharing.
    Wishing you and your dear family a Happy and Blessed Easter.
    Hugs, CM

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was a delight to meet a new-to-me blogger this week. Kim has a charming beach cottage, and it was lovely getting to know her.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was just THRILLED to see you featured Kim! How exciting! I've been following your blog for a while, and love so much about your style, and it just thrills my heart to see such a wonderful blogger and friend spotlighted! Happy Easter to you :) And Kris - love your blog too, and the wonderful crafty DIY ideas you have. Happy Easter to you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You are just too sweet and you know how much I adore your visits and visiting you, as well! :)

      Delete
  18. Oh I just love Kim. :) She's smart and sweet all rolled into one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Kris,

    What a lovely surprise to find the witty and wonderful Kim featured in the spotlight today! Kim and I have been following each other's blogs for quite a while, and I am always in better spirits after visiting her, learning a thing or two about sewing, (wish I could), her fun and artsy crafts and her opinions on various subjects, which are always interesting and entertaining. How lovely to find her words, and pretty face, here, too!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Kris, I LOVE Kim and her lovely blog! It was so nice to learn a little bit more about you today Kim! This is what I love about blogging and meeting such nice people like you Kris and Kim! Wishing you both a Happy Easter.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. So glad to see the wonderful and talented Kim featured here. We've gotten to be very good friends through our blogs. She's smart, funny, beautiful and writes one of the most interesting and useful blogs out there. I love her! Thanks for spotlighting her, Kris. ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  22. love kim's cute cottage--esp. the kitchen hood! thanks for sharing, kris:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so happy to see Kim featured. She's one of the sweetest people in Blogland :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This was so much fun, Kim, getting to know more about you. I think you are a terrific blogger and I'm so glad to know you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Carol, the feeling is mutual! It was super fun to be featured! :)

      Delete
  25. Hi Kris~
    I follow Kim as well. I just love her. I appreciated getting to know her a little more here. FUN!
    Thank you, Kris! :-)
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yaaayy Kim!! You did GREAT!
    Thank you Kris for showcasing this lovely lady!
    Blessings,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have loved Kim's blog since I found her awhile ago...nice post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Another great feature! I was unaware of Kim's blog and will definitely be visiting. Red is my signature color too ~ along with black and white. :) Such a lovely home and that kitchen must be incredible!

    Thanks to both of you!
    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

sponsor